In it’s new digital EP release, Elektragaaz features cinematic instrumental and electronic music drawing on such far flung cultural influences as classical music, rock, club, techno, hip hop, pop, dance, funk, film noir, comic books and video games. The group features rising stars and seasoned veterans based in the New York metropolitan area–including, among other contributors, Tom Elektron, Mat Thunder, Kathy Kaos, Jas Windstorm, Kosmik Kate, Josh Firebow and Steel Mike–but is headed by a mysterious and intensely private 19 year old Dutch composer using the pseudonym of Poppo Redband but usually referred to as simply Redband. Elektragaaz is signed to AIS Records and is distributed by The Orchard.
The EP is available at top music platforms everywhere:
The Synaesthetic Picture Show Now Playing Part 1 can be streamed at these locations:
Make friends with the album on Facebook.
“Part 1” of the series has gotten a generally terrific reception from reviewers:
- Within this whirlwind of sonic energy appears a strange but completely joyous atmospheric harmony—Words in the Earth
- Elektragaaz may not yet be packing larger stadiums across multiple continents but this a towering lunge towards the heavens and the band’s powers of communication help push their musical and performing talents into even bigger possibilities. The sky is indeed the limit with Elektragaaz and their debut effort—.The National Post (UK).
- “The Synaesthetic Picture Show Now Playing Part 1” is a record that has staying power – the power to stay with you even long after it’s over, and will undoubtedly entice you to dive deeper into the Elektragaaz—Artist Reach
- I mean…look…I don’t even know if I can fully explain just what we’ve found here in Elektragaaz – I just know what special IS when I hear it, and this is certainly that. As far as my ears can tell, this band has the potential and capability to wow us all over and over and over again with the level of imagination and pure heart you’ll hear in the music they’re making – there really is no telling just how far they could go. What’s absolutely certain is they are bound to make a strong connection with a great many of you out there listening…especially those of you looking for MORE in the music you put on your playlists – there’s an endless well of creativity being drawn from here that already sounds completely spectacular, and I would absolutely bet on Elektragaaz to go on from here to blow our minds even further in the future—SleepingBag Studios.
- A truly eclectic, uncategorizable piece of pure joy, Elektragaaz defies any sort of genre pigeonholing on the stellar “The Synaesthetic Picture Show Now Playing, Pt. 1”. Everything here is referenced fully and completely, from world music to funk to rock to EDM and a whole slew of other styles. Without saying a word these tracks contain multitudes as the way the pieces progress feels so stunning to behold. The ear for melody helps to tie them together, as does the insistence on dizzying grooves that anchor the entire journey—Beach Sloth
- A sharply written, gleaming shot of electronica further fleshed out by a perfectly deployed smattering sound—Camden Monthly.
- With a fantastic electro arrangement, Elektragaaz fascinated us with the new single Cabin Fever. A sophisticated instrumental track that combines a lot of psychedelic elements and clearly stands out from the mainstream. A brisk beat forms the rhythmic foundation, while electric guitars fill the lows with plenty of distortion. A violin plays fabulous melodic accents in the highs. In short, a truly excellent track–CanTunesMusic (Germany).